As you know I’m into music. So any activities for kids to do with music are great things to do with kids in my mind. Here is an idea for an instrument that won’t drive everyone else in the house insane in the early days of practise. You’re welcome 😉
I’ve heard it called ‘four strings of happiness’ – I’m not going to argue. In this old video footage I am having my first go at the Uke. Why am I suggesting the Uke as an activity for kids (or anyone)?
- It is a very inexpensive instrument, unlike most instruments other that say the recorder and really do you want to listen to a recorder? Didn’t think so haha
- You always have room for a Ukulele no matter where you’re going.
- You don’t need electricity so it’s great anywhere, even at the beach – perfect.
- It’s not hard to listen to, even when mistakes are common.
- You can be playing easy song in minutes and have your friends singing along.
It’s also heaps of fun, doable without being a musician and boy does it have swagger.
Grab a ukulele for less than $100 – even just a cheap toy ukulele and pop it in the kids toy box.
SAY “HI“, FOLLOW, LIKE & SHARE